JDatabase Wizard Version 1.3 Build 1468 release notes
Maintanance release, released on Arpil 21 2003
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.3 Build 1467 release
Released on January 5 2003. No bugs to fix.
- Table and View JDBC 1 & 2 classes: Advanced tab has a new
combo to select the return type of update, insert and delete
- void: as before, nothing is returned
- int: the return value of the JDBC calls to PreparedStatement.executeUpdate()
is returned in the generated methods. Some drivers return
the number of records inserted/updated/deleted.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.3 Build 1466 release
Released on October 25 2002, all bugs reported have been addressed.
- New: Queries
introduced. This feature allows SQL select statements (including
joins) to be mapped to Java classes. This feature needs the
JDBC driver to support PreparedStatement.getMetaData().
- There is a glitch in the query tab display for JDK 1.4.0.
Resizing the window overcomes this. JDK 1.3 and 1.4.1 work fine.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.2 Build 1462 release
Released on August 18 2002, all bugs reported have been addressed.
- EJB generation problems fixed.
- JDBC classes: After class creation, revisiting the class and
the database object has new columns: the synchronization adds
new properties with "No Access", previously new class
properties were assigned the default access, usually "All
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.2 Build 1461 release
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.2 Build 1459 release notes
Relased on May 21st 2002, all bugs reported have been addressed.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.2 Build 1458 release notes
- JDBC2 classes introduced: generates resuable PreparedStatement
objects, and scrollable ResultSet objects.
- Class migration option introduced: allows JDBC1 classes to
be migrated to become JDBC2.
- The user manual has been updated to describe JDBC2 classes
- The documentation includes sample code for JDBC2 classes.
- The getting started section has been updated for JDBC2 classes,
and makes use of the sample code to illustrate the use of the
Wizard's JDBC2 classes.
Released on 6th May 2002, all bugs reported have been addressed.
Wizard Version 1.1 Build 1448 release
- Some options
previously on the JDBC classes tab have been moved to a new
"Advanced Settings" tab. This is to make the user
interface easier to understand and use.
- The JDBC
classes next() method can now return a Object, superclass, data
class or subclass type. The subclass is a new option.
All bugs reported
up to February 11 2002 have been addressed.
Wizard Version 1.1 Build 1447 release
- New option:
JDBC table, View and Stored Procedure classes: the next() method
can be made to return Object, the extended data class name or
the data class name.
All bugs reported
up to January 28 2002 have been addressed.
Wizard Version 1.1 Build 1446 release
- New option:
allow blank schemas in generated SQL, this option is useful
for MS SQL Server 6.5 and 7.0 users.
and data classes can extend another class.
- Java styling
of generated data class properties can be switched on or off.
files can be "compacted".
UI fixes have been made.
January 13 2002
Wizard Version 1.1 Build 1445 release
- Code verification
has been added. The wizard can check the database for any changes
(new columns, deleted columns, ....) against the classes defined
in the project file.
scanning can be switched on and off during the day to day use
of the wizard. This is especially useful when dealing with large
November 16 2001
Wizard Version 1.1 Build 1444 release notes.
November 7 2001
Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1443 release notes.
- Javadoc can be input for classes, fields and methods.
in a database's columns are visible in the database tree with
- Dropped database columns have a new icon
- BMP EJB generation is now released.
- Stored procedure call method name is used in the generated
class(es), previously the generated call method name was the
class name, with the 1st character set to lower case.
- Java source files can be generated to a relative or absolute
October 19 2001
Released on August 29 2001
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1442 release notes.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1441 release notes.
All bugs reported up to July 11 2001 have been addressed.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1440 release notes.
This build was released on June 24, 2001.
- A beta release of bean managed persistence EJB source code
generation is included.
- The documentation has been updated to include all the new
options in this release.
- JDBC driver paths can now be set within the wizard.
- The option to introspect a selection of Tables, Views, Stored
Procedures, or System Tables, has been added. This speeds up
the response of the wizard.
- Small UI fixes have been introduced to allow the wizard to
work with the JDK 1.4 beta.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1439 release notes.
This build was released on May 24, 2001.
- A new checkbox has been added to the Class creation and maintenance
tabs: Serializable. When checked, generated data classes
implement java.io.Serializable, this allows RMI and EJB to pass
database record data to clients or other servers.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1.1, Build 1438 release notes.
All bugs reported up to May 13 2001 have been addressed.
- Object names are no longer limited to 50 characters. A class,
package, database table... Can all have a name of any length
- Forward compatibility with older versions. The Wizard
version is now 1.1, the repository (project file) version is
now 2.0. Any file created or opened with this release will not
open with previous releases of the wizard.
- Backward compatibility with older versions. This release
will happily work with project files created with previous releases.
Please note that once opened, a project file will only function
with this release (build 1438) or later.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1, Build 1437 release notes.
All bugs reported to us up to April 5 2001 have been addressed.
- The user interface of statement editor dialogs has been improved.
- Improved rendition of swing tables.
- Remove newline characters in generated code. The SQL entered,
by the user, in statement editor dialogs allow newlines to be
entered. The generated Java code now replaces newlines with
a space character.
JDatabase Wizard Version 1, Build 1436 release notes.
The following enhancements have been made since the last
release (build 1360).
- JDatabase Wizzard would not scan databases properly. Some
JDBC Drivers throw exceptions when they should not. Whenever
this is found, we try to work around the exceptions thrown.
- The database connection panel "trims" the driver
class and database url. This removes unwanted spaces when the
field values are pasted.
- The License dialog "trims" the serial and key values
- Database table, view and system table columns now have a call
- Database tab: supports stored procedures checkbox added.
- JDBC class properties now highlights fields (in red) which
are different to their default values.
- When a new JDBC class is created, the user interface automatically
navigates to the created class.
- When creating new classes, it is now possible to specify the
database class name, the data class name, and their respective
- JDBC class properties can be assigned server side expressions
(such as GetDate()), instead of a JDBC parameter ('?').
All bugs reported to us up to March 23 2001 have been addressed.